ENVI Home Energy Monitor Kit
Benefits & Features
ENVI Kit Contents
How does the ENVI work?
The Current Cost ENVI is the next generation in energy monitoring. Envi helps users to understand their energy usage and more importantly their wastage. Empowering individuals with real time information, the Envi can influence changes in energy awareness and habits, reduce energy bills and improve Carbon Footprints.
Studies show that when you have the ability to monitor your electric usage and get immediate feedback of your actions on an easy to read display, you can save as much as 15% on your electricity usage.
The Envi helps consumers to join the fight towards a more sustainable future. With the Envi Energy Monitor you can see in REAL-TIME how much electricity your whole home is using. Only by knowing how much you are consuming, can you start to manage it.
The Envi displays:
- Energy use in Dollars and Kilowatts
- Historical usage for the past day, week and month
- Calculates average usage in Dollars and Cents
- Temperature and Time
- Optional computer connectivity
Simultaneously observe average, instant and historical consumption. The Envi can be set with individual tariffs to display realistic associated costs for electricity and in the future, multi-fuel usage. Using Current Cost IAM plugs, educated choices can be made by identifying individual appliance consumption and costs.
Optional PC Connection is available for streaming seven years historical data. Envi Energy Monitor stores data for up to 7 years. This data can be transferred to a PC using a USB cable.
There are several software programs that will display your data in graphical format and applications have been created for mobile technology that enable remote access and control.
• ENVI Benefits
- Cut energy waste
- Reduce your utility bills
- Improve your carbon footprint by cutting emissions
• ENVI Features
- Real time energy usage
- View whole house usage
- Identify those energy hungry appliances by monitoring individual appliances (IAM plug required)
- Wireless, easy to install and use
- Stylish black or white displays integrates into any home
Monitor up to 9 different appliances - By using additional transmitters, the Envi can display energy usage for that circuit only. The device can receive input from transmitters with clamps or IAM’s.
• Envi Energy Monitor Kit Contents
- Envi Display
- C2 Transmitter with 2 sensor CT's
- Power Supply (for the display)
- USB Cable
- Instruction manual
- 1 year warranty
Envi Kits come with everything you need. Simply install the two sensors in your power panel and the wireless transmitter will send usage data directly to the Envi display in real time. The transmitter is powered by batteries with a 7 year life.
• How Does the ENVI Work?
• 2 CT-clamps* surround the main incoming electric supply cables found in the main breaker panel. These clamps sense the amount of amperage flowing through the wires. They send a signal to the transmitter.
*Three clamps can be used for 208 V-3-phase installations.
• The CT clamps connect to the transmitter which is placed inside the breaker box. The transmitter sends a wireless signal up to 100 ft indoors. The transmitter sends an update very 6 seconds if there has been a change in usage. The transmitter’s D size batteries should last up to 7 years before replacement.
• The Display receives the wireless signal and then calculates usage. The large display will show the current usage both in terms of watts and Dollars. The display also stores the data and displays usage trends along with actual usage from yesterday, last week and last month. The device stores up to 7 years worth of data.
• A optional USB cable connects the Envi display to a computer. The Envi will export both current and historical data to a computer. There are various third party software programs available that will collect and interpret the data which can then be viewed in charts and graphs.
• ENVI Software
There are many ways you can track your energy consumption; online, on your phone and on your PC. To view different application options, please click link below:
» Software Downloads
• Technical Specifications
||9.3cm x 12cm (base) x 15.5 cm
||7.3cm x 9cm
|Retail Package Size:
||35cm x 17cm x 5.5cm
|Internal Power Requirement:
||Mains block adapter (nominal 1.0 watt)
|Display power supply
||Electricity (gas, LPG, oil in development)
||433MHz SRD band
|Sensor Coding Recognition:
||10 channel (each three input potential)
||User Initiated - seeks 4,096 possibilities
|Number of Permitted Sensors:
||Ten (x3 input)
||Liquid Crystal segmented display
||Positive reflective -12:00 view
||Energy, Kwh and Dollars
||Clock time (24hr), room temperature WT
NOTE: The display format is not suitable for accuracy checking of utility supplied electric meter.
24 hour rolling consumption (bar graph) display (social division into 3 x 8hr periods).
PC connection for streaming data for seven years historical data.
Software code: starting Vx.09
||12cm x 7cm x 3cm
|Internal Power Requirement
||7 year battery life - replaceable.
||One, two or three
|Rated Energy Source
||European 230VAC 50Hz
|Sensor Current Sensitivity
|Sensor Maximum Rated Current
|Wireless Transmission Mode
||433MHz SRD band
|Effective Duty Cycle
|Unique Identification Coding
||Pseudo-random (4,096 code variants)
||Auto-assigned at power-up
|Permanent Pairing to Display
|WT Reception Licence Required
CT CLAMPS SPECS
Max 300A 600V. Accommodates maximum cable size 30mm diameter.
• Envi Installation
The ENVI comes with a detailed step-by step installation manual and warranty certificate.
» Download ENVI Installation
Manual & Warranty
To learn more, please visit our ENVI Frequently Asked Questions section.
Product Manufacturer: Current Cost, Ltd.